Free Shipping over $49
All retail only orders over $49 weighing under 1kg are eligible for free standard shipping.
- Retail orders only - Free shipping over $49 applies to retail orders only and excludes orders containing prescription medication.
- Small parcels - Minimum cart value $49, maximum package weight 1kg, Australia wide.
- Excludes medication - Our free shipping offer excludes orders containing prescription medication and cold shipped items (see below for more information).
Free Shipping for Metro Areas
Free shipping for orders weighing over 1kg is only available to selected metro areas and is subject to an order value threshold of either $49 or $99.
*The specific postcodes in metro areas are defined by the service zones of major couriers which may change from time to time.
If your orders does not qualify for free shipping, the cost of shipping will depend on the weight of your order, and the types of products you order. You will be able to see the cost of shipping on the checkout page before you proceed to payment.
Shipping Prescription Medication
- Shipping of any prescription medication items incurs a flat rate charge for shipping and processing of your order.
- Medication Processing and Shipping (Express Post) - costs $4.95 and is recommended for non-urgent orders and shipping to most metro areas.
- Medication Processing and Shipping (Startrack Premium) - costs $9.95 and is recommended for urgent orders and shipping to regional areas.
- Cold Shipping (Startrack Premium) - costs $19.95 and is for cold medication deliveries and includes the cost of delivery, ice bricks and a styrofoam esky.
- Startrack Premium cannot be used for delivery to PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers.
- Split Delivery - Prescription Medication orders that also contain heavier or more bulky retail products (for example, pet food) may be split due to the cost of delivering these items via express options. In this case, your prescription medication will be delivered by Express Post or Startrack Premium, and your retail item will be delivered by the lowest cost carrier.
Which Shipping Method Should I Select?
Pet Chemist offers a range of shipping options that customers can select at checkout. All of the options available include tracking details which will be emailed to you once the parcel is dispatched from our warehouse.
Our shipping options include:
- Australia Post eParcel (Express Post) - generally the fastest option to most customers across Australia.
- Australia Post eParcel (Parcel Post) - a more cost effective, slower option for smaller parcels.
- Standard Shipping - a more cost effective option for heavy parcels and local deliveries to the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers and southeast Queensland. Aramex cannot be delivered to AusPost parcel lockers or PO boxes.
- Startrack Premium Delivery - a premium courier delivery recommended for cold shipping deliveries and urgent medication orders. Startrack cannot be delivered to AusPost parcel lockers or PO boxes.
For urgent retail (non medication) orders, we recommend selecting Australia Post eParcel (Express Post) and the Priority Processing Service (see below for details).
Delivery Times & Dispatch Times
In-stock items ordered before 5pm on a weekday are generally dispatched the following business day, while in-stock items ordered after 5pm are generally dispatched within 48-72 hours. In-stock items ordered on weekends and public holidays will generally be dispatched the next business day.
The dispatch of prescription medication orders is subject to having a valid original prescription on file. There can also be processing delays for prescription medication orders, depending upon demand and stock availability. For urgent medication orders, we recommend selecting our Priority Processing Service for $6.95, which will move your order to the front of the queue.
Delivery time (in addition to the standard processing and dispatch time, see below) depends upon the method of delivery you select at checkout. Delivery of orders can take between 2-6 business days on average when delivering to metro areas on the east coast of Australia, while delivery to rural areas, Western Australia and the Northern Territory may take longer.
Priority Processing Service
We offer a Priority Processing Service for $6.95, which will move your order to the front of the queue for urgent dispatch.
- Our Priority Processing Service will move your order to the front of the queue, but does not guarantee same day dispatch, as it depends upon the time when the order is placed, courier pick up schedules, and stock availability.
- If the item is out of stock, same day or next day dispatch may not be guaranteed, and we will provide the option of cancelling and refunding the cost of the Priority Processing Service.
- For prescription medication items, a valid original prescription must be on file for the Priority Processing Service, if a prescription is not on file, we will provide the option of cancelling and refunding the cost of the Priority Processing fee.
- The Priority Processing Service does not include postage. For urgent orders we recommend selecting AusPost Express Post in addition to the Priority Processing Service.
Shipping Refrigerated Items
Refrigerated items are sent in insulated packaging with ice gel packs. Refrigerated items are dispatched on Monday and Tuesday only to ensure they reach their destination whilst still cold. To ensure the fastest possible delivery, we only send refrigerated items by Startrack Premium.
Click & Collect Service
We offer a free click-and-collect service for local customers only in the Tweed Heads and Gold Coast area. To place an order for click-and-collect:
- Place an order online
- Select the shipping method "Click-And-Collect"
- Complete and pay for your online order.
Please note that we do not have a walk-in storefront and we are not able to accept cash or card payments on the premises. Your order will not be ready for collection until you receive an email and SMS from us. Collection hours will remain 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
We're here to helpChat with us