Avitrol Bird Mite & Lice Spray is a safe and economical treatment for the control of lice and mites in all caged bird species and their environment. It comes in a convenient, ready to use spray bottle for easy application directly onto your bird as well as cage surfaces, nesting boxes and perches.
- Forumulated to control feather lice and mites in caged birds
- Can be applied directly onto your bird and their environment
- Safe and economical
- Ready to use spray bottle
- Not for use in food producing birds
Active ingredients: Pyrethrins 0.5g/L, Piperonyl Butoxide 5g/L.
Dosage and Administration
Avitrol Bird Mite & Lice Spray comes in a ready to use spray bottle for easy application directly onto your bird as well as cage surfaces, nesting boxes and perches.
- Before applying, remove all food and water from cage
- Hold spray bottle about 40cm from bird and spray directly onto it
- Avoid spraying in eyes
- Do not spray in confined spaces
- Also spray cage, perches and next box thoroughly to avoid reinfestation as mites will inhabit and lay their eggs in secluded places
- Repeat as necessary
- If mite or lice problems continue after treatment, consult with a veterinarian
New birds may introduce worms, mites, lice and other parasites into your aviary, so it is a good idea to treat them for parasites and quarantine them for a few days first.