Avitrol Plus Praziquantel Bird Wormer Syrup Concentrate For Birds is for the treatment of a wide range of worms in ornamental birds. The convenient syrup concentrate form allows the medication to be added to the drinking water for easy administration.
- Broad spectrum bird wormer for most birds
- Syrup concentrate is added to the drinking water
- Suitable for most bird species except Gouldian finches
- Add 0.5ml (12 drops from dropper) in 10ml of drinking water
Avitrol Plus treats threadworm (Capillaria spp.), caecal worm (Heterakis spp.), roundworm (Ascaridia spp.), gape worm (Syngamus spp.) gizzard worm (Acuaria spp.) and tapeworm (Raillietina spp.) in ornamental birds.
Avitrol Plus is suitable for most bird species except Gouldian finches. Use with caution in parrots and other finch species. Not for use in food producing birds.
Active ingredients: 10mg/ml Levamisole hydrochloride (equivalent to 8.48 mg/ml Levamisole base), 2mg/ml Praziquantel.
Avitrol Plus should be administered at a dose rate of 40mg/kg body weight Levamisole hydrochloride and 8mg/kg Praziquantel. The dropper dispenses 24 drops of concentrate per ml. So for an average body weight of 30g and consumption of 5ml of liquid per day, it is recommended to mix 0.5ml (12 drops from dropper) in 10ml of drinking water.
- The medicated water must be freshly made just before dosing
- Provide the medicated water as the sole source of drinking water for a 24 hour period
- Repeat the treatment after 14 days
- Further dilution of the medicated water may be required in hot weather, to allow for increased water consumption
- If worm problems continue after treatment, consult with a veterinarian
New birds may introduce worms, mites, lice and other parasites into your aviary, so it is a good idea to treat them for parasites and quarantine them for a few days first.
- Do not use this product during extremely hot weather
- Do not give to birds under stress or birds actively feeding young
- Do not give to Gouldian Finches
- Use this product with caution for parrots and finches - they are less tolerant to levamisole
- Not for use in food producing birds