Melcare’s Manuka Wound Gel by Veterinary Companies of Australia is a sterile, medical grade wound dressing to assist in the management of wounds, burns and grazes. Providing the right micro environment for the wound bed removes barriers to healing and stimulates the healing process.
- Sterile wound management gel for dogs and cats
- May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissues
- Non-adherent gel to reduce trauma at dressing change
- Prevents contamination and infection
- Stimulates the healing process
Melcare’s Manuka Wound Gel low pH and high osmotic potential also helps protect the wound from contamination and colonisation by bacteria. It also rapidly deodorises wounds to help protect them from fly strike.
Melcare’s Manuka Wound Gel is made fromLeptospermum sp. honey (80%), contains natural oils to protect wound margins and seaweed derived hydrocolloids to enhance honey’s properties as a wound dressing. The medical honey used is minimally heat treated to preserve its natural properties and irradiated to destroy bacterial spores.
When to Use
Use on dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals with:
- Non-healing and chronic wounds
- Traumatic, acute and surgical wounds
- Malodorous and sloughy wounds
- Abrasions & grazes
- Punctures, cuts & lacerations
- General first aid
Directions for Use
- Wash around the wound with a sterile saline.
- Apply Manuka Wound Gel liberally (approx. 3mm layer) directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing.
- Dressing change frequency will depend on clinical circumstances. It can vary from once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings.
- Manuka Wound Gel can be removed from the wound by rinsing with sterile saline or water at dressing change.
- Serious, infected or non-responding wounds should be managed under advice from your veterinarian.