PAW Manuka Wound Gel is a sterile medical grade wound dressing made from Leptospermum.sp (Manuka) honey (80%) and natural oils and waxes for wound management. It is ideal for dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals with wounds, burns, grazes and as a general first aid.
PAW Manuka Wound Gel provides the following beneficial properties:
- Protects the wound
- Helps maintain natural wound pH
- Remove Malodour
- Reduces and prevents contamination, external bacteria colonisation and infection
- May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissues
- Natural & non-toxic for animals
- Minimal heat treatment to preserve honey’s natural properties
- Special blend of natural waxes and oils to reduce the stinging associated with pure honey
- Non-adherent gel to reduce trauma at dressing change.
When to Use
Use on dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals with:
- Non-healing and chronic wounds
- Traumatic, acute and surgical wounds
- Malodorous and sloughy wounds
- Abrasions & grazes
- Punctures, cuts & lacerations
- General first aid
Directions for Use
Wash around the wound with a sterile saline. Apply PAW Manuka Wound Gel liberally (approx. 3mm layer) directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing. In addition using a barrier cream can further protect the wound margin. Dressing change frequency will depend on clinical circumstances. It can vary from once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings. PAW Manuka Wound Gel can be removed from the wound by rinsing with sterile saline or water at dressing change.
For more information, please see the PAW website.