Royal Canin Canine Hepatic dry food is a nutritionally balanced diet formulated to support liver function in dogs with chronic liver conditions.
- Vegetable protein: Vegetable protein is easily digested and absorbed by dogs with liver conditions.
- Low copper: A low level of copper and increased zinc content helps reduce the accumulation of copper in liver cells.
- Antioxidant complex: The patented antioxidant complex helps fight free radicals, maintain healthy DNA, promotes a healthy immune system and helps protect the remaining liver cells.
- High energy: High energy provided by increased dietary fat helps maintain bodyweight and permits smaller meal volumes to be fed.
This pet food is a veterinary diet. You should seek the advice of your veterinarian before feeding this diet to your pet.
Recommended for (indications):
- Liver disease
- Portosystemic shunt
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Piroplasmosis / Babesiosis
- Chronic hepatitis
- Liver failure
- Copper metabolism disorders
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- History of pancreatitis
Composition: rice, maize, animal fats, soya protein isolate*, hydrolysed animal proteins, beet pulp, minerals, soya oil, vegetable fibres, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 11600 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 115 mg, E2 (Iodine): 4.3 mg, E5 (Manganese): 53 mg, E6 (Zinc): 212 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.38 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 16% - Fat content: 16% - Crude ash: 4.7% - Crude fibres: 2% - Essential fatty acids: 43 g/kg - Total copper: 4 mg/kg - Sodium: 0.2% - Potassium: 0.9% - Metabolisable energy: 3906 kcal/kg. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.