Royal Canin Canine Satiety Weight Management
Royal Canin Canine Satiety Weight Management is formulated for weight loss in dogs and designed to help reduce hunger. Satiety Support enables your dog to receive a 32% larger portion than your average high-fibre weight loss diet. This is achieved through a combination of high protein and a special blend of fibres.
- Reduces hunger: A special blend of fibres increases the volume of stomach contents and promotes satiety by reducing the spontaneous consumption of food.
- High protein: A high protein content (111g/1000kgcalME) helps maintain muscle mass during a weight loss program. It also aids with the feeling of fullness as well as improving palatability.
- Nutritionally balanced: Enriched with nutrients (in particular, protein, minerals and vitamins) to compensate for the effect of energy restriction during a weight loss program.
- Bone and joint health: Specific nutrients (including omega 3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA), glucosamine and chondroitin) help support healthy bones and joints placed under stress by excess body weight.
This pet food is a veterinary diet. You should seek the advice of your veterinarian before feeding this diet to your pet.
Prior to prescribing, individual target weight should be determined. The energy allowance (kcal) per kg target body weight is based on the dog’s body condition score (BCS) however this is only an initial indication. The amount of food necessary to induce weight loss can vary between individual dogs. This is why close monitoring by your veterinarian is required to regularly update the food quanitity ration and ensure continued weight loss. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.
Recommended for (indications):
- Being overweight
- Diabetes mellitus (both normal and overweight dogs)
- Hyperlipidaemia associated with obesity
- Weight Management
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Pregnancy, lactation and growth
- Chronic disease requiring an increased energy intake
Composition: vegetable fibres, dehydrated poultry protein, wheat gluten*, tapioca, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, maize, wheat, animal fats, beet pulp, fish oil, minerals, fructo-oligo-saccharides, soya oil, psyllium husks and seeds, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), marigold extract (source of lutein), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 20000 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 44 mg, E2 (Iodine): 4.4 mg, E4 (Copper): 5 mg, E5 (Manganese): 57 mg, E6 (Zinc): 171 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.08 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 30% - Fat content: 9.5% - Crude ash: 5.3% - Crude fibres: 16.6% - Metabolisable energy: 2692 kcal/kg. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.