Royal Canin Feline Urinary S/O dry food is formulated for the nutritional management of adult cats with lower urinary tract disease. Its urine acidifying properties and its low level of magnesium make it suitable for dissolving struvite stones and reducing their recurrence.
- Dissolves crystals:Effectively dissolves particular urinary stones called struvites.
- Low RSS: Helps lower the concentration of ions contributing to crystal formation.
- Urine dilution:Helps to prevent urinary crystals.
- Low Magnesium:This diet is low in magnesium - a component of struvite urinary crystals.
This pet food is a veterinary diet. You should seek the advice of your veterinarian before feeding this diet to your pet.
Recommended for (indications):
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Management of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis using a single diet
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Chronic renal failure
- Metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Treatment with urine acidying drugs
Composition: rice, wheat gluten*, dehydrated poultry meat, maize flour, animal fats, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, minerals, vegetable fibres, beet pulp, fish oil, soya oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), marigold extract (source of lutein). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 22000 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 46 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.5 mg, E4 (Copper): 8 mg, E5 (Manganese): 59 mg, E6 (Zinc): 194 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.08 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 34.5% - Fat content: 15% - Crude ash: 7.4% - Crude fibres: 2.5% - Calcium: 0.8% - Phosphorus: 0.7% - Sodium: 0.9% - Magnesium: 0.05% - Potassium: 1% - Chloride: 1.9% - Sulphur: 0.5% - Total taurine: 0.2% - Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulphate (0.56%), DL-methionine. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.