Royal Canin Canine Satiety Weight Management is formulated for weight loss in dogs and designed to help reduce hunger. Satiety Support enables your dog to receive a 32% larger portion than your average high-fibre weight loss diet. This is achieved through a combination of high protein and a special blend of fibres.
- Reduces hunger:A special blend of fibres increases the volume of stomach contents and promotes satiety by reducing the spontaneous consumption of food.
- High protein:A high protein content (111g/1000kgcalME) helps maintain muscle mass during a weight loss program. It also aids with the feeling of fullness as well as improving palatability.
- Nutritionally balanced:Enriched with nutrients (in particular, protein, minerals and vitamins) to compensate for the effect of energy restriction during a weight loss program.
- Bone and joint health:Specific nutrients (including omega 3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA), glucosamine and chondroitin) help support healthy bones and joints placed under stress by excess body weight.
This pet food is a veterinary diet. You should seek the advice of your veterinarian before feeding this diet to your pet.
Prior to prescribing, individual target weight should be determined. The energy allowance (kcal) per kg target body weight is based on the dog’s body condition score (BCS) however this is only an initial indication. The amount of food necessary to induce weight loss can vary between individual dogs. This is why close monitoring by your veterinarian is required to regularly update the food quanitity ration and ensure continued weight loss. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.
Recommended for (indications):
- Being overweight
- Diabetes mellitus (both normal and overweight dogs)
- Hyperlipidaemia associated with obesity
- Weight Management
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Pregnancy, lactation and growth
- Chronic disease requiring an increased energy intake
- Feed according to the below table - total daily recommended intake. It is recommended to split the daily intake into two separate meals.
- It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.
- The guidelines are a starting point and your pet may need more food depending on age, activity level and temperament.
- Always provide plenty of fresh drinking water.
- Ensure your dog is always provided with clean, fresh water.
|Dog's weight (mix feeding guidelines)||Start - dry (g)||4 weeks after if no loss acheived - dry (g)||Maintenance after weight loss - dry (g)|
Composition: Vegetable fibres, dehydrated poultry protein, wheat gluten, tapioca, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, wheat, maize, animal fats, beet pulp, fish oil, minerals, psyllium husks and seeds, soya oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, glucosamine, marigold extract (source of lutein), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin).
Nutritional additives: Vitamin A 19000 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 35 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.5 mg, E4 (Copper): 11 mg, E5 (Manganese): 46 mg, E6 (Zinc): 137 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants.
Analytical Constituents: Protein 30%, Fat content 9.5%, Crude ash 5.8%, Crude fibres 17%.