Royal Canin Canine Urinary S/O canned wet food is formulated for the nutritional management of adult dogs with urinary stones (struvites) and to help prevent their recurrence. This is achieved through the diet's urine acidifying properties and its low magnesium levels.
- Dissolves urinary crystals: Effectively dissolves particular urinary stones called struvites.
- Urine dilution: Helps to dilute urine, which decreases the urinary concentration of urinary crystals (struvites and calcium oxalates) and also ensures regular bladder wash-out.
This pet food is a veterinary diet. You should seek the advice of your veterinarian before feeding this diet to your pet.
Recommended for (indications):
- Bacterial cystitis
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Management of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
- In older dogs: renal function should be checked before Urinary S/O Canine is prescribed
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
- In conjunction with the use of urine-acidifying drugs
Composition: Chicken meats, chicken liver, corn, corn gluten, sunflower oil, fish oil, cellulose, carrageenan, guar, taurine, minerals, cassia, acidifying substances (calcium sulfate, DL-methionin), vitamins. ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin D3: 190 IU, E1 (Iron): 11 mg, E2 (Iodine): 0.33 mg, E4 (Copper): 2 mg, E5 (Manganese): 3.5 mg, E6 (Zinc): 33 mg - Technological additives: Cassia gum: 2.5 g. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 6% - Fat content: 8% - Crude ash: 1.5% - Crude fibres: 1.5% - Moisture: 72% - Calcium: 0.24% - Phosphorus: 0.25% - Sodium: 0.15% - Magnesium: 0.02% - Potassium: 0.24% - Chloride: 0.2% - Sulphur: 0.15% - Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulphate (0.1%), DL-methionine.