The following simple process can help you save up to 50% on your pet's medication, compared to the price you might have paid at the vet. To order a prescription medication.
1. Obtain a prescription: Ask your vet to write a prescription for medication the next time you visit. Your vet will normally write this prescription on their letterhead, but you can download our prescription template for your vet to fill out here.
2. Order the medication and upload the prescription: Search for the medication on our website, upload a scan or photo of the prescription and follow the checkout process. If you're not sure what to order, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us on 1300 000 738.
If you are unable to upload the prescription, then please email (email@example.com), fax (02 8079 5979) or text message (0472 760 476) us a scanned copy or picture of the prescription.
3. Post the original prescription: Please then post the original pen signed prescription to the PO Box below, noting your order number.
Pet Chemist Pharmacy
PO Box 999
When the original prescription is received, and your order has been accepted and the medication dispensed by the pharmacist, we will ship the medication straight to your door.
For Pet Chemist Online to organise and facilitate the dispensing of prescription medication, we require that you post the original signed prescription to our PO Box. The dispensing pharmacist must be provided with the original pen signed prescription.
Obtaining Veterinary Prescriptions
While most veterinarians in Australia are usually more than happy to write a prescription, they are not legally required to do so when requested. If your vet is unwilling to write a prescription, then you can try to find another vet in your area who is happy to write prescriptions. Your pet will require a full consultation with the new vet before they can write a prescription.
If you're still having trouble then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 000 738 and we can help you find a vet in your area that will do a consultation with your pet.
Our Pet Medication
Pet Chemist Online facilitates the supply of prescription medications by an Australian registered pharmacist through our website. When purchasing prescription medication through Pet Chemist Online you know that:
- All prescription medication supplied is sourced from Australian veterinary wholesalers and Australian registered pharmacists,
- All medication available is registered with the Australian Government (TGA or APVMA) or prepared by an Australian registered compounding pharmacist,
- All medication supplied is processed and dispensed by Australian-registered pharmacists.
For more information please see our frequently asked questions page: