Zylkene Anxiety & Behaviour Capsules
Zylkene Capsules are a complementary feed designed to help cats and dogs manage stressful situations. Zylkene contains a natural product derived from casein, a protein in milk, that is well known to promote the relaxation of newborns after breastfeeding. Zylkene is palatable and easy to give: simply mix with food or give the whole capsule. It can be given daily and is both preservative and lactose free.
- Zylkene Capsules contain a palatable, water soluble powder that appeals to both dogs and cats
- Zylkene Capsules can be given whole or can be opened and the powder mixed with food, treat or liquids
- Water should be available at all times
- As Zylkene is taken orally, it is present wherever the pet goes, both inside and outside the house
Since its launch Zylkene has become a familiar product for veterinarians, behaviourists, nurses and pet owners world wide. It helps pets cope when facing unusual and unpredictable situations and can be used before occasions such as a change in their normal environment.
When to use Zylkene
Zylkene can help support dogs and cats in situations where they find they need to adapt their behaviour to cope. These can include kennel and cattery stays, moving house, the arrival of a new pet or baby, sudden noises such as fireworks, travel or festivities. Many cats do not cope well in a multi-cat household, so Zylkene can help with the introduction of a new cat.
Zylkene is easy to give in one daily intake. The capsules contain a palatable, water soluble powder that appeals to both dogs and cats. They can be given whole or opened and the powder mixed with food, treats or liquids. Since Zylkene is taken orally and ingested, it is present wherever the pet goes, both inside and outside the house. Water should always be available to your pet.
Zylkene comes in three strengths:
- Zylkene Capsules 75mg (30 capsules)
- Zylkene Capsules 225mg (30 capsules)
- Zylkene Capsules 450mg (30 capsules)
For short term use: Begin administration 1-2 days before the predicted event or change in environment. Some animals may need earlier administration (5-7 days).
For long term use: Start giving Zylkene for one month then reassess the pet. Association with a behaviour modification program may help in these situations.
|Capsule Strength||Weight||Daily Dose|
|Zylkene 75mg||0-5kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 75mg||5-10kg||2 capsules|
|Zylkene 225mg||10-15kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 225mg||15-30kg||2 capsules|
|Zylkene 450mg||15-30kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 450mg||30-60kg||2 capsules|
- It is recommended that you consult your vet before administering Zylkene
- Can be used short term or for longer periods of time (after consideration of other potential causes)
- Can be given to nursing queens or bitches, as well as to kittens and puppies
- Not designed to replace a veterinary behavioural consultation
- Not suitable for severe anxiety or behavioural problems